Tickets are now on sale for The 2014 New York Times Travel Show at the Jacob K. Javits Convention Center in New York City on Saturday, March 1, and Sunday, March 2. The Travel Show is the largest consumer travel event in North America, featuring nearly 500 exhibitors from Africa, Asia, Australia/South Pacific, Canada, the Caribbean, Europe, Latin America, Mexico and the United States. The show will offer discounts, educational seminars and live entertainment for families, individuals, couples and seniors.
Consumer seminar topics, which have just been announced, will cover budget and luxury travel, cruising, travel blogging, LGBT travel, country- and region-specific destinations, travel photography and many other topics. Speakers include leading voices in the industry, including among others:
- Arthur and Pauline Frommer, authors and radio hosts
- Peter Greenberg, CBS travel editor; host of Peter Greenberg Worldwide Radio
- Julia Dimon, adventure travel writer and TV host
- Patricia Schultz, travel writer and author of “1,000 Places to See Before You Die”
- Brian Kelly, founder of ThePointsGuy.com
- Mark Murphy, founder, president and CEO of TravAllianceMedia
- Andrew Evans, Digital Nomad writer for NationalGeographic.com
- Richard Wiese, TV host and author of Born to Explore
The New York Times Travel Show will open to consumers on Saturday, March 1, from 10am until 6pm, and on Sunday, March 2, from 11am until 5pm. The show will be held in Hall 3D & E located on 11th Avenue at the 34th Street entrance to the Jacob K. Javits Convention Center in New York City. Admission is $17. For a complete schedule of seminars and exhibitors, and to register online, visit www.NYTimes.com/TravelShow.
Exhibition Floor Attractions
- Exclusive On-Site Only Travel Discounts
- Meet the Experts area. Meet one-on-one with travel experts who will be available to answer questions covering specific regions, countries, types of travel, activities and destinations.
- The Family Fun Zone will include an interactive area with opportunities to climb a 24-foot rock-climbing wall, bungee jump on a giant trampoline, and meet animal ambassadors from Sea World Parks & Entertainment.
- Taste of the World culinary stage will offer exciting food and wine samples from around the globe.
American Express is the founding sponsor of The New York Times Travel Show. Supporting sponsors include: South Africa and Visit Florida. Contributing sponsor is The Florida Keys and Key West. Industry sponsors include: Adventure Travel Trade Association, Africa Travel Association, American Society of Travel Agents, Association for the Promotion of Tourism to Africa, Caribbean Hotel & Tourism Association, Caribbean Tourism Organization, Cruise Lines International Association, Cruise Planners International Association of Culinary Professionals, Europe Express, International Gay & Lesbian Travel Association, National Association of Railroad Passengers, Pacific Asia Travel Association, Professional Travel Bloggers Association, Society of American Travel Writers, The International Eco-Tourism Society, U.S. Tour Operators Association and Well-Being Travel. Media sponsors include: Agent@Home, Family Travel Forum, GoNomad, Global Traveler, IN New York and Where Magazines, OffMetro.com, Passport, Travel Agent Academy, TravAllainceMedia, Travel Market Report, Travel Pulse, Travel Tribe, Travel Weekly News, Travel World and Vacation Agent.
For more travel features, visit:
‘Like’ us on facebook.com/NewsPhotoFeatures