Broadway and TV star Cheyenne Jackson (Behind the Candelabra, 30 Rock, Xanadu, Finian’s Rainbow) joins the star-filled lineup of performers at Playbill Travel’s first resort-based program. An expansion of the brand’s popular “Broadway on the High Seas” series, “Broadway by the Sea” is taking over the luxury, AAA Five-Diamond St. Regis Bahia Beach Resort in Rio Grande, Puerto Rico for a program combining the best of live Broadway entertainment with an idyllic tropical location and a myriad of onsite activities.
Priced starting at $7790 per room, based on single or double occupancy, the 8-day/7-night “Broadway by the Sea” program is scheduled from December 8-15, 2014.
Jackson joins nine-time Tony winner Tommy Tune (Seesaw, My One and Only, Nine, A Day in Hollywood/A Night in the Ukraine, Grand Hotel, The Will Rogers Follies), Tony winner Laura Benanti (Gypsy), “Smash” star Megan Hilty, Tony winner Faith Prince (Guys and Dolls), Tony winner Paulo Szot (South Pacific), Tony winner Donna McKechnie (A Chorus Line), and, returning by popular demand for her third Playbill adventure, two-time Tony winner Christine Ebersole (42nd Street, Grey Gardens).
Playbill’s own Seth Rudetsky will return as well as Master of Ceremonies and music director. “Broadway on the High Seas” founding partner Judy Perl and Judy Perl Worldwide Travel will once again serve as the exclusive Playbill Travel Program provider, coordinating all aspects of the new travel initiative from resort scheduling to guest travel arrangements.
“Broadway by the Sea” program highlights include:
- Exclusive star performances, interviews, meet-and-greets; late night “Playbill After Dark” activities; and more from award-winning talent
- Daytime programs including dance classes hosted by Donna McKechnie and Commercial Theatre Institute seminars on producing Broadway shows
- Golf at St. Regis Bahia Beach’s Robert Trent Jones Jr. Golf Course and the nearby Trump International, home of the PGA Puerto Rican Open
- “Broadway by the Sea” golf tournament with World Golf Hall of Famer Chi Chi Rodriguez
- Fine dining at onsite gourmet restaurants including Jean-Georges Vongerichten’s Fern
- Tennis, sailing, canoeing, kayaking, bicycling, nature tours, hiking
- Remède spa
- Onsite Athletic Center
- Beautiful private beach, oceanside pool esplanade, outdoor hot tub, poolside grill, and optional private cabanas with butler service
“The genesis of ‘Broadway on the High Seas’ was to bring together theater lovers who love travel,” explains Playbill President & CEO Philip S. Birsh. “We had no idea when we started our cruises in 2011, that they would be met with such a remarkable reception from the public and community alike. In less than three years, our 650-plus Playbill travel guests have visited more than a dozen countries including Tahiti, Italy, Greece, Brazil, Argentina, Russia, Poland, and Germany. Our esteemed roster of performers includes some of the greatest talents the stage has ever known. We’re excited that Playbill Travel will allow us to keep traveling the world with interesting people, great destinations and extraordinary talent.”
For more travel features, visit:
‘Like’ us on facebook.com/NewsPhotoFeatures
New: Moral Compass: Great Places to Go Where the Going Does Good
Check out our newest travel site for special deals, insiders’ tips at tidbitts.com: http://www.tidbitts.com/karen-rubin/where-in-the-world