LINCOLN, NH –New Hampshire ski areas, enjoying record amounts of snowfall, offer scores of events and deals, particularly in the upcoming February vacation weeks, and some of the best conditions ever.
While skiers and riders will be drawn to the New Hampshire mountains for the fresh powder and soft skiing conditions, most resorts also offer exciting activities for non-skiers as well as a host of events to compliment great conditions. Here are some highlights of vacation week events and activities at New Hampshire ski areas:
- Family Fun Weeks at Bretton Woods that include ice skating, tubing, movies, storytelling & songs, snowman building, s’mores parties and more.
- Snowshoe & S’mores at Loon Mountain, an après-ski adventure involving a lift ride mid-mountain, guided snowshoe hike to the rustic Camp III lodge, and a feast of hors d’oeuvres, hot cocoa, and s’mores around a crackling fire.
- Saturday Night Pay-One-Price (POP) Program at Pats Peak, in which guests have access to skiing, snowboarding, snowtubing, lesson tips, rentals, bonfires, and entertainment from 3pm to 10pm.
- Winter Carnival at King Pine Ski Area, featuring sleigh rides, snowshoe tours, Silly Slalom, Belly Bag Races, Family Challenge Races, Gold Rush, Kids Fun Race, and more.
- Cranapalooza après-ski activities at Cranmore Mountain Resort, including entertainment, s’mores, face painting, Cranmore’s mascot C-More, and fireworks.
- Freestyle events at Cannon Mountain including the return of the Bag Jump and the second event of the Bern Freeride Series.
“Now is the time to come to New Hampshire to take advantage of all the new snow,” said Jessyca Keeler, Ski NH’s executive director. “For those who haven’t skied or simply haven’t skied in a while, our ski areas will have plenty of ski school staff on hand over the vacation weeks to teach people of all ages how to love winter.”
Details on these and many more events and activities – including Valentine’s Day specials and events – can be found at www.SkiNH.com. Guests can also find information about tickets and deals, weather and conditions, resort activities, lodging and lessons.
Ski NH is the statewide association representing 33 alpine and cross country resorts in New Hampshire. For more information on ski areas, vacation planning, and updated winter events at Ski NH resorts, call Ski NH at (800) 88-SKI-NH (800-887-5464) or visit the Ski NH website at http://www.SkiNH.com.
For more travel features, visit:
‘Like’ us on facebook.com/NewsPhotoFeatures
New: Moral Compass: Great Places to Go Where the Going Does Good
Check out our newest travel site for special deals, insiders’ tips at tidbitts.com: http://www.tidbitts.com/karen-rubin/where-in-the-world