The 1980s were Miami’s most decadent decade, and The Mayfair Hotel & Spa was ground-zero when the global TV phenomenon Miami Vice introduced the world to a whole new Miami destination. 2014 marks the 30th anniversary for both The Mayfair and Miami Vice. The legendary Coconut Grove landmark hotel kicks off its year-long “Miami Vices” special offers and celebrations with an over-the-top New Year’s package rejoicing all the fun and sun that made the 1980s television show so sensational.
“We’re going all-out during 2014 to celebrate the Mayfair Hotel & Spa’s 30th anniversary,” said the hotel’s General Manager Axel Gasser. “All of our special offers, events and celebrations will be part of The Mayfair’s ‘Miami Vices’ theme, honoring the iconic TV series and the common history we share from that glamorous era in Miami’s history.”
The hotel recently completed more than $10 million in extensive renovations, just in time to announce its first “Miami Vices” offering: a New Year’s escape that screams VICE:
- Three nights in a Mayfair Suite with a private terrace, and a Japanese Soaking Tub built for two.
- Need-for-Speed? Step on the gas in your very own vintage Ferrari, and thunder across Biscayne Bay aboard an original Miami Vice Speedboat, just like the speedsters from these Miami Vice scenes http://bit.ly/YiRNT4.
- You’ll be cast in your take-home commemorative Miami Vice video for posting on your social media and to share with your friends.
- A historic tour of 1980s Miami Vice locations, and a Miami nightlife tour.
- Time to wind down? A couples’ massage at one of the Mayfair’s rooftop poolside cabanas.
- Flamingo-colored 1980s gift bags, including Ray Ban sunglasses, The Complete Series DVD package of Miami Vice episodes, and soundtrack CDs.
The New Year’s package starts at $4,000, is subject to availability and to the Mayfair Hotel’s booking terms and conditions. One week’s advance reservations required. The package is valid December 26, 2013 through February 28, 2014. (To book your Miami Vices New Years Escape, call the “Vice” specialists at 305 441 0000.)
Keep up with the hotel’s ongoing “Miami Vices” events and promotions throughout 2014 (including a Miami Vice reunion party) at their regularly updated landing page http://www.mayfairhotelandspa.com/coconut-grove-packages/
The Mayfair Hotel & Spa is part of the Schlesinger family’s portfolio which also includes the Brazilian Court Hotel in Palm Beach. For reservations and more information, visit mayfairhotelandspa.com or call 305-441-0000.
For more travel features, visit:
‘Like’ us on facebook.com/NewsPhotoFeatures