Holiday spirit abounds at The Stafford London by Kempinski this season. Hundreds of Christmas trees and sparkling lights delicately incorporated into the décor accent the hotel’s recently redesigned lobby, lounge, and the new Lyttelton restaurant making it the ideal place to become immersed in festive cheer. Mixing age-old, seasonal traditions with new holiday offerings, The Stafford promises a Christmas to remember.
- Christmas Feasting – Executive Chef Brendan Fyldes brings a rustic touch to this year’s traditional 5-course Christmas Eve Dinner at The Lyttelton serving dishes including: Roast Scallops, Suckling Pig, Celeriac & Apple and the Roast Duck with Mulled Winter Fruits. Revellers will also take pleasure in the encore meal on Christmas Day with a menu featuring: Ballotine of Scottish Salmon; Officer’s Mulligatawny, Crab & Coconut Rice; Roast Goosnargh Turkey, Quince, Walnut & Fois Gras Stuffing with Seasonal Vegetables, Potatoes and Cranberry Relish. A Home Made Christmas Pudding with Brandy Sauce tops off the delicious experience. Christmas Eve Dinner priced at £95 per person; Christmas Day Lunch priced at £140 per person. Reservations required; guests staying at The Stafford will receive priority seating.
- An Eve of Tradition – An annual, highly-anticipated event, guests can join the beloved Stafford team and a local church choir in yuletide carolling in the hotel’s historic wine cellar to celebrate the eve of Christmas. Mix and mingle with fellow carollers while enjoying complimentary roasted chestnuts and the American Bar’s famous mulled wine between songs. The evening festivities will then conclude with the long-standing hotel tradition of walking by torch light to the first mass of Christmas held at midnight at the nearby Guard’s Chapel.
- There Really is a St. Nick – And he visits The Stafford every year to deliver a special gift to each room on Christmas morning. Guests can place the surprise under their own festively decorated tree, which is set-up in the room prior to arrival by the hotel’s team of “elves,” along with special amenities of holiday favourites such as: citrus fruits, nuts and mince pies.
The Stafford is offering special “presents” for those seeking a holiday getaway.
- Christmas Feast Package – Designed for those coveting a traditional Christmas celebration, this package offers two guests the opportunity to enjoy a three night stay from December 24 to 27, full English breakfast each morning plus a four-course Boxing Day dinner on December 26 in The Lyttelton. Rates starting at £910 GBP inclusive of VAT ; package available 24 December to 27 December 2011 only; to book, contact the hotel directly at: +44 20 7493 0111
- Wonder-Full Stafford Package – And for those who prefer to be home for the holidays but fancy a bit of British festive cheer prior, The Stafford has crafted the ultimate experience featuring an overnight stay in a double room and full English breakfast, a glass of delicious home-made mulled wine to warm up after exploring London and a gingerbread Christmas tree treat upon arrival. Guests who book online and opt to enjoy a holiday lunch in The Lyttelton during their stay will also receive an additional gift: a £20 credit towards their food bill. Rates begin at £398.32 per night, exclusive of VAT; package is available 1 December to 23 December 2011.
For more travel features, visit: