Here is an exciting and educational opportunity for children ages 7-15: Anantara Hotels, Resorts & Spas is looking for the next Roving Elephant Reporter to report live from the annual King’s Cup Elephant Polo Tournament in Hua Hin, Thailand this September. School may be in session here in the States, but this is an educational trip of a lifetime, where the winner and an adult chaperone will receive an all-expense-paid trip to Thailand to broadcast live to the international community on daily events from the polo pitch. Video submissions will be accepted from now through August 1 on Anantara’s Facebook page, Facebook.com/Anantara.
Anantara Hotels, Resorts & Spas is launching an elephantastic Facebook contest to select a talented young reporter-to-be for the 2011 King’s Cup Elephant Polo Tournament taking place in the royal seaside town of Hua Hin, Thailand September 4 – 11. This annual international tournament, now in its 10th year, raises funds for Thai Asian elephant conservation.
One lucky winner between the ages of 7 and 15 and an adult chaperone will spend seven days and nights at Anantara Hua Hin while covering the daily action on the polo field along with behind-the-scenes interviews with Anantara’s Director of Elephants, John Roberts, elephant veterinarians, and elephant polo players. Off the field, the Roving Elephant Reporter will explore Hua Hin and report back on rich journeys, such as a visit to the teak wood palace, Maruekhathaiyawan, one of the oldest and most treasured royal palaces in Thailand; a trek through a local vineyard by elephant, and a kids-only Thai cooking class.
To enter: upload a short video, between one to two minutes in length, to Anantara’s Facebook page
- Go to www.facebook.com/anantara and “Like” the page
- On the page wall where it says Share, click the Video icon
- From here, either record a video using your webcam or upload a pre-existing video detailing why you should be chosen as Anantara’s Roving Elephant Reporter
- Alternatively, mail the video on a CD to:
I Want To Be An Elephant Reporter
18th Floor Berli Jucker House, 99 Soi Rubia, Sukhumvit Soi 42,
To win: the contestant with the best video entry as voted by our elephant experts will be invited to spend seven fun-filled nights on a full-board basis with an accompanying adult at Anantara Hua Hin Resort & Spa. This includes round-trip flights, accommodation, daily activities, and transport.
Here are the terms & conditions:
- Must be between the ages of 7 and 15 years to enter
- Videos must be between 1 to 2 minutes long
- Videos must be done in English
- Entries must be submitted by August 1st, 2011
- The competition winner will be announced on August 4th, 2011
- Contestants and their chaperones must be available September 4 – 11, 2011
- Contact organizers for full terms and conditions
For more travel features, visit